I’ll just drop back a bit here and update the speedo story. After much head scratching and cups of tea, I decided to get in touch with the suppliers and tell them of my problems regarding the speedo. I couldn’t get it to work at all, so I sent the sender unit back as requested for testing – returned OK – then the speedo itself – again returned OK – but this time with another set of instructions with the parts I needed to do underlined in red! Oooops!!! I was interpreting the instructions wrong (that’s my story and I’m sticking to it). It doesn’t use the ‘magnet’ type of pick up, just an earthing type. So full marks to SPEEDY SPARES for their patience with a numpty like me.